Yesterday I took Joe and Miyabi to aikido class. Joe was able to practice for the first time, and Miyabi did a great job watching quietly. Joe mainly did a lot of rolling around and seemed to have a good time. Hanano was tired, so she and Shiho stayed home.
After practice, we went to 7/11 and got a drink to share, then went to McDonalds for a quick treat. Joe and I had hamburgers, and Miyabi had something called Shaka-shaka chicken (a pressed chicken strip with a powder that you sprinkle on and shake in a bag.) We then shared a little ice cream.
We came home and I put the kids in bed, where Hanano and Shiho were already sleeping. I sat on the couch and turned the TV on, and the relaxation starts.
2 minutes later I hear something in the other room, and then I hear Joe coming to the room I am in, and I get ready with my "Joe, I don't care what Miyabi said, it's time to sleep now." The surprise I had when he said Hanano was throwing up... well the night changed course at that moment.
I got some bowls and was really there in time to hold Hanano and help change the sheets. I was sad that I missed the real action (yeah right!!!) Well... I just missed the first act. We had a fun night full of not sleeping very much. Every 10-25 minutes we repeated the first act until 3 or 4AM.
This morning Hanano was started throwing up, as soon as we gave her a little drink. Well Shiho and Miyabi took Hanano to the hospital, and she got a little medicine, as well as confirmation that she (and a bunch of other kids this morning), have a little flu virus. I got to stay home with Joe and clean up the mess. Fun times for all.
This whole story makes me think of the pain and joy of being a parent brings us fortunate people. The sacrifice of taking care of another human being is really a gift. It is not pleasant at all, and getting past the frustration of not sleeping (etc) is difficult. Yet it makes me believe, that it gives us a better understanding of the human nature.
For those of us that are parents, I am sure you all have similar stories. For those that have not the pleasure, be happy you will not have these types of experiences, or look forward to these treasured times when you build memories with such wonderful beings as your children are bound to be.
I am amazed and thankful for those that dedicate their lives to taking care of others. It is amazing that some people can be so generous.
Hope you and your families are all well,
Steve and family
PS: Hanano seems to be feeling better now. We are not giving her much to drink yet and she seems to draining from the other end now.
No comments:
Post a Comment