We stayed at a hotel that had a numbe
r of onsens, which we used a lot. When we got there, we just spent the afternoon relaxing.
We also went to Akagawasou Onsen, 赤川層温泉 which is one of the 100 best onsens in Japan. Although on this trip, we thought it was one of the 100 coldest onsens in Japan. It was beautiful though. The outside bath was next to a real
waterfall. Check it out here... sorry, all in Japanese. I tried to find it in English, but ended up searching in Japanese. I guess I am getting a little better at Japanese, but ver
y slowly.
The last night we were in Oita, and we were lucky enough to have a little snow. When we woke up, everything was white. We got the kids up, and they loved it. Of course we walked right down to the onsen, and took a nice hot bath. It was great!
This was the womens bath, but it was so early I was sure it would be fine. Half an hour and nobody else came. Lucky for us both I guess.
More pics from our trip at the following...
http://picasaweb.google.com/stephenkenyon/OitaTripDec2008#
Hope you are all well,
Steve, Shiho and the kiddies.
1 comment:
Steve, Shiho, and rest of Kenyon family. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! It's hard to believe that y'all were here just a year ago. Time sure flies.
Ding & Jose
ps: Ding is here in SF for 2 more weeks. :-)
Post a Comment