Wednesday, September 26, 2007

What is going on in Shimane

Hi All,

Yesterday I swam with the fish... literally, the big fish. I jumped in the water for my daily swim, and I dove under, and there were all these trout swimming with me. I am used to seeing the small 4-6in. fish, but yesterday was a school of 10-14in. monsters. I actually was pretty spooked throughout the 40 minutes or so, because these guys kept swimming right beside and under me.
Next time maybe I will bring my fishing net, and I can bring home dinner too.

Today I am going to take my written and practical skill driving tests. Hopefully I will be able to get my Japanese drivers, but according to all that I have read, only 1-5% pass the test on the first attempt. It is not uncommon for some people to take the test 10 times.
Well needless to say, I do not expect to come home with my new license today. But I will try hard... (**)! WISH ME LUCK!

That is the news in brief from Japan. Hope you are all doing well.

Steve, Shiho and the kiddies.

No comments: